Hilary Baird - Piano Recital
Sunday 21st August - 14:00
Hilary Baird solo performance
1. Chopin Nocturn No. 2 in c # minor
2. Chopin Raindrop Prelude O.P. 28 No. 15
3. Chopin Prelude O.P. 28, No. 2
4. Chopin Prelude OP. 28 No. 4
5. Schubert Waltz in B minor
6. Schubert Serenade
7. Bach Prelude in C
8. Song Without Words in G minor
"Venetian Gondola Song" Felix Mendelssohn Op. 19b, No. 6
9. Song Without Words in F-Sharp minor "Venetian Gondola Song" Felix Mendelssohn Op. 30, No. 6
10. The Little Shepherd Debussy
11. Maiden With The Flaxen Hair Debussy
12. Moonlight Sonata Op. 27, No. 2 Ludwig Van Beethoven
13. The Keys To The Kingdom in F # minor Hilary Baird
14. Paint Me a Cloud in The Sky in D flat Major Hilary Baird
Hilary Baird began showing an interest in music at the age of 6 when she told her teacher that she wanted to be a music teacher one day. She began teaching herself to compose music at the
age of 10 but her family was only able to afford one year of lessons. Through sheer will and determination, Hilary would find a way to keep learning. She often ended up working multiple jobs just to afford lessons. At the age of 30, she made her debut at Weill
Hall at Carnegie Hall in New York City, NY USA in 2017. She worked 3 jobs while training for her recital there on the big stage. Hilary later went on to perform at more concert halls including Steinway & Sons and began teaching piano lessons for beginners as well.
In 2019 she was awarded a travel grant by Carnegie Fall to attend a music teacher's workshop where she spoke about her teaching practice to a group of 150 music teachers.
In 2021 she graduated from Spokane Falls Community College in Washington State, USA, she continues her education at Eastern
Washington University in the nearby city of Cheney to pursue her Bachelor's Degree with scholarship studying composition. She has a focus on works by Chopin, Bach, Beethoven, Schubert, Debussy and Mendelssohn, she will perform works by these composers as well as some of her own works. Hilary continues to teach piano lessons both online and in person, she has also has taken up motivational speaking.
The ticket prices are as follows:
Sunday 21. August - 14:00
Perfect for concerts, conferences, meetings, screenings and lectures.